Photos: Reuters/Getty

As the White House essentially doubles down on President Donald Trump's false claims of unreported terrorist attacks, chief spin master Kellyanne Conway inaccurately said Tuesday the death of Prince received a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to terrorist attacks in 2016.

Citing a Tyndall Report about candidate Trump's dominance in media coverage last year, Conway said during an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper there was "five times" more coverage of Trump than of terrorist attacks, then proclaiming: "[There was] frankly more coverage by the major networks, at the very least, on Prince's death—the artist named Prince," she said, very specifically.

The awkward exchange was part of Conway's attempts to somehow spin Trump's comments on Monday, accusing the media of not covering terror attacks, despite numerous proof debunking his statements.

"In many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it," he said in front of a gathering yesterday at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. "They have their reasons. And you understand that," he said cryptically, marking the President's latest attempts to seemingly fuel his supporters' distrust of the press and all others not named Donald Trump.

To be fair, Prince's death was covered extensively for the few days following the music icon's sudden death last April. But it certainly did not top most mainstream media coverage of terror attacks.

Get the Latest in Your Inbox

SUPER_SIMPLE_FEEDBACK_MESSAGES_ERRORS_EMAIL Mail address is not not valid