Photo courtesy artist
After recently teasing new music, Solange Knowles has confirmed plans to release her new album titled A Seat at the Table this Friday (Sept. 30), which happens to be the cutoff date for music to be considered for the 2017 Grammy Awards.
The songstress says she began working three years ago on what would become the followup to her 2012 record True, describing the new material as a "project on identity, empowerment, independence, grief and healing."
The 21-track set also features a number of guest appearances from the likes of Lil Wayne, Kelly Rowland, Dev Hynes, Q-Tip, Sampha, Moses Sumney, Kelela, BJ the Chicago Kid and more.
Solange hinted at the album news with a small group of fans on Monday when she mailed them each a poetry book of lyrics and photos with the title A Seat at the Table. A digital version of the book is available now on the singer's website.
A Seat at the Table tracklist:
02. “Weary” (Additional Vocals blessed by Tweet)
03. “Interlude: The Glory Is In You”
04. “Cranes In The Sky”
05. “Interlude: Dad Was Mad”
06. “Mad” Ft. Lil Wayne (Additional Vocals blessed by Moses Sumney and Tweet)
07. “Don't You Wait”
08. “Interlude: Tina Taught Me”
09. “Don't Touch My Hair” Ft. Sampha
10. “Interlude: This Moment” (Additional vocals Devonte Hynes of Houston Texas and Lu of Carolina)
11. “Where Do We Go” (Additional vocals blessed by Sean Nicholas Savage)
12. “Interlude: For Us By Us”
13. “F.U.B.U.” Ft. The Dream & BJ The Chicago Kid (Additional Vocals blessed by Tweet)
14. “Borderline (An Ode To Self Care)” Ft. Q-Tip
15. “Interlude: I Got So Much Magic, You Can Have It” Ft. Kelly Rowland & Nia Andrews
17. “Interlude: No Limits”
18. “Don't Wish Me Well”
19. “Interlude: Pedestals”
20. “Scales” Ft. Kelela
21. ”Closing: The Chosen Ones”